Got A Secret, Can You Keep It


This weekend was the perfect balance between fun and relaxing, cause someone with no job needs extra relaxation time. 

Anyways here is a quick recap of my weekend!


Friday I was riding the struggles bus from too much fun on the fourth so I decided to break out my paints and start painting again, which obviously called for a selfie. 

But most importantly I began my addiction with Pretty Little Liars, hence the title, I am over half way through the first season already and I LOVE the show. ABC Family, you got me again.

I will let you in on a secret, I LOVE to paint but I am never very good at finishing a piece so the fact that this up and hanging on my wall already is a major accomplishment.

One of the things I love about our house is the open concept but that also means my dining room doesn't have any walls which makes decorating difficult. I had a little strip of wall in my dining room that I knew needed a punch of color but it had to be vertical. 


I will let you in on a secret, I am afraid of commitment when it comes to decorating. I can probably find price tags on every decoration in my house, so it is difficult for me to make decisions about decorating. 

I came up with the concept of using four canvases to spell out the word LOVE using paint colors from the big canvases in my living room. Painting the letters was super easy, painters tape is a god send. 

But filling in the letters was a bit trickery, note my aversion to commitment. 

I decided that I wanted 'living' art work something that I could add to when I came across a quote or word or even symbol that I enjoyed. As of right now the L and V are filled with quotes and song lyrics that I used metallic paint pens to write but I have tons of space to add more as time goes on.


In the back of my head I keep thinking I would like to do something like this for my classroom, but it hasn't come together yet in my head.

Either way I am really happy with the results.


Saturday I wondered around Target for a bit, because a girl with nothing to do obviously goes to Target, that's not a secret

I purchased two new swim suit pieces, I like to buy black and white staples from Victoria Secret and fun trendy pieces to mix and match from Target. And after trying on swimsuits went straight to the gym to kick my butt. Also snagged baby oil on sale! I started shaving with baby oil and it is nothing short of AMAZING. It's cheap, doesn't clog up the razors and leaves my legs feeling silky smooth.

I am going to let you in on another secret, I don't like pizza. And no I am not a terrorist. 
There is just something about the combination that weirds me out.
I came across this recipe for a Pizza Stir Fry at Wellness Mama and thought it would be a perfect way to eat pizza without pizza. 

Healthy Pizza Stir Fry Recipe Kid approved Pizza Stir Fry

Her pictures looks a whole lot pretty than mine but either way it was really really tasty. I of course added mozzarella cheese on mine at the end because it is no secret I love cheese. There really isn't a point in putting the recipe because I basically copied hers but you should definitely try it out!


On Sunday we went out on the lake with two other couples and it was nothing short of the perfect way to spend a Sunday. Good friends, beautiful weather and boating.


Last secret of the post, Mr. B and I are slightly terrified of babies. The couple who owns the boat has two twin girls that are adorable but neither of us jumps to grab them on a normal basis. 
Its not really something if you break you can replace. 
So anyways, getting the boat on the lake requires hands and Mr. B and I stepped up and helped. They are really too precious not to want to hold.

Once again post got way too long too fast. 

What did kind of shenanigans did your weekend hold?

Linking up with: SamiBreCarlyLogan, Christy, Tara and Rachel.

- The Babbling Box!

2 comments

  1. Wow, you've found a way to weave all of these linkys together quite nicely. I'm a texture person myself, so I can sort of understand your pizza aversion. I'm definitely going to have to try the recipe you've linked up. It looks so good!

    Thank you for linking up!

    Christy
    Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started PLL this summer and I could NOT stop watching. I was up until all hours of the night. I've been out of town for three weeks and I'm praying my DVR has recorded all the newest episodes. This year I've printed a lot of stuff of of TpT, cut, laminated, etc. while watching a TON of Netflix. (Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Friday Night Lights, Dance Academy, The Lying Game)...anything teeny bopper and I'm all over it. I'm following you for more secrets! P.S. L-O-V-E the canvases(pun intended).
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete