Rules

I have mentioned before that I am horrible with emails, really all forms of communication but that is a topic for another post, but either way Elizabeth at Hodges Herald nominated me for a Liebster Award and I am just now getting around to posting about it. Sad really.

Picture

I was super ecstatic about being nominated because really every time I get a new comment or follower I blown away that anyone is interested in little old me.


I was actually nominated last November as well and I followed all of the Liebster rules.



1. Link back to the blog(s) that nominated me


2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted by my nominator
4. Create 11 questions for my nominees
5. Share 11 random facts about yourself
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them



But as I look back on that post I realize it was really before I found my blogging voice because the truth is I hate following rules. True story.

The only time I ever received detention in school was my senior year because I refused to wear my id, I thought id's were stupid. I believe recipes are guidelines and measuring out ingredients is for fools other people. The state said I couldn't drink until I was 21, I got a fake id when I was 18 and drank to my hearts content. A teacher provided me a assigned topic in high school to write about, I wrote about how teaching abstinence to students is stupid, and quoted that Beverly Hills 90210 episode a lot.

Basically I like to test, stretch and bend the rules to fit my style. Which is highly ironic considering I spend eight hours a day asking 150+ middle schoolers to follow the rules. The very reason that I use my blog as an outlet to test the boundaries.



1. Link back to the blog(s) that nominated me. 
Done.


2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers. 
I follow 112 blogs that I actually read on a daily basis, I could never choose favorites and really that list would be crazy long. Instead pick one question from below and leave a comment below, we can all get to know each other a little better.


3. Answer the questions posted by my nominator. 
Just so this blog post has some real content and is not full of gifs.

Why do you blog? 
I blog because I wanted a place to chronicle my life and something to push me to take pictures and say yes more. Over the past year I found I blog because I enjoy writing, sharing stories and the connections I have been making with other bloggers.

Do you have a TpT/TN store? If so, which did you do first, blog or store?
Yes I have a TPT store, it came after I started blogging. I have like 13 products, its not something I brag about.

How long have you been teaching?
This year will be my third year.

What songs would be on the soundtrack of your life? 
I have come back to this one about 800 times and there is not a gif in the world that can help me anwser it properly. I change my mind about songs, hourly. I have songs that fit my mood, I have songs that are reserved for Mr. B, Erica, my family, my moods, my ex, my college days...I couldn't pick one song if you forced me to. 
But since you are I am leaving you with:


Do you have a favorite teacher from your days in school? 
Mr. Pagel hands down. I actually have his 'life' lessons written in a scrapbook that is still around here somewhere, he spoke to us like we were adults and taught us at the same time. And he was old school, like hitting kids with erasers old school.

How would you describe the morale at your school? 
First year it was horrible, basically the kids won teachers lost. Last year the morale improved some but I feel like we started in the basement and have made it to maybe the 10th floor...we have a ways to go.

Favorite decade? (80's, 90's etc...)
90's hands down. My favorite television shows and movies are all from the 90's. I love rap music and country music from the 90's. And the sayings were so much better.



Do you speak a second or third language? Which one? 
I can understand Spanish but I sound like a white girl trying to speak Spanish

Funny story at school I tell the kids I had two years of Spanish in middle school, three years in high school and four semesters in college and they think I understand every word they say. I really did have that many Spanish classes it just was something I could never learn but they don't need to know that.



Favorite sport? Favorite team? 
Football. Longhorns. I was in Austin the year this happened, it was nothing short of magical.


Ever said "never" and then had to eat your words. 
(Ex: I will never teach middle school. HA! I am there!)
Easy the example is my never. I never thought I would be a teacher period. I actually openly laughed at the school of education at UT, now here I am teaching middle schoolers and loving every minute of it.


Dog or cat lover?

Neither, I really don't like domesticated animals. After yesterdays post about not liking crying people you probably really do think I have a black heart now.



4. Create 11 questions for my nominees. 

Pick one of the questions from above or just share a random fact, its all about bending the rules.

5. Share 11 random facts about yourself  

All of my posts contain random facts about myself, you get that on the regular.

6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them. 

This blog post is me contacting you, read number 2 if you are unsure.


Hopefully the blogging gods are not looking down on me and judging me for all that rule breaking, suddenly all I can think of is:


Can't wait to read your random comments.



- The Babbling Box!



P.S. It's okay if you follow the rules and answer a question, I promise!

5 comments

  1. I'm starting my third year too! It's nice to find someone else who is as well. I really appreciate the fact that you discuss other things but teaching on your blog, it's something I do from time to time!

    And to answer one of your questions, why did I start a blog....here's why:

    One of my favorite things about teaching is the community that exists between teachers. It's like we have a secret language between us that only WE understand. Most people outside of our profession think we are nuts and 9 of 10 times, I bore everyone close to me with my ridiculous stories of teaching so I thought, why not blog about it? You know, blog with a network of people who understand HILARIOUS crap happens daily. Also, I enjoy networking and seeing how others tackle some of the same issues I have. I believe in that expression "two brains are better than one" .... so true for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SERIOUSLY? You and I are meant to be blogging buddies forever! She's Everything describes me perfectly...and I don't even dig Country music all that much, but since my Mister likes it...I listen to it...occasionally. I just found out Brad P. is married to one of the chicas from Nashville. I took three years of Spanish in high school. I only know the bad words and how to say 'The record player is in the kitchen' because everyone should know that, right? P.S. I'm a rule breaker times a billion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite teacher was my high school english teacher, Mrs. Baxter. She was in her sixties, smelled like b.o whenever she was hot flashing, which was all the time. She definitely chose favourites, but it was okay with me because I was one of them. She always encouraged my writing and said that I simply needed to write. When my step dad passed she phoned me and asked if there was anything she could do and. I asked her to come to his celebration of life and to wear green. (Inside story) And she was there, in green, sweaty and smelling like her cheap perfume, to mask that familiar b.o. I loved her for it too.
    Congrats on the nomination and a completely random fact about me..... I have catmares AKA cat nightmares. I have one at least every three months. I'm in a situation where a cat(s) is after me and it always has ninja strength and skill.. I can never get away and it always attacks me. Lol Ranfom, but true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your twist on this award. Its a nice award, but a lot of work too. I get that!
    I chose you because your from Austin. I am east of Austin and was here for that magical moment as well. I am an Aggie though, in a house full of Longhorns. Even for me, it was pretty dang cool!

    Your blog is GREAT and such a change from most.

    Thanks
    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog you have, thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete