Five For Friday...on steroids

Normally I am super excited for Fridays, but this Friday has me jumping with anticipation as I await my bestie and her man to fly in from PA. 


But before the drinking, girl talk and catching up I figured I would post a few of my favorite snapshots of life lately...sort of an Five for Friday on steroids.

Two weeks ago life went a little crazy due to a Robotics competition, we ranked 14 out of 24 not great, but my hope is next year we will have more interest and not begin preparing 2 weeks before the competition when other teams had been working since September. That Saturday also happened to be our friend's annual wine party, I was up for 23 hours that day. Champion!

Please excuse the one and only picture my frazzled mind remembered to take. I also helped the mister make a stocking for his work stocking contest.


We had a little 'cultural celebration' at school last Thursday basically the middle school version of a holiday party. The students are each responsible for bringing something, I made them each a card and tried to set it up as cute as I could, then of course we took a few silly pics on the ipad and then watched Elf. I also received the sweetest presents from a student, I HEART poinsettias! (I also received the nicest black scarf from a student I forgot to take pictures of...seriously this teacher was super surprised!)



The mister's 30th birthday was last Friday so we celebrated it with homemade toasted ravioli's a St. Louis tradition, presents that insulted him and lots of yummy beverages. We also snagged free tickets to the UT vs. Michigan basketball game so  Saturday we ventured out in the daytime for a little beer and basketball. Sunday was a day spent relaxing with mimosa's and crafting. 


Christmas Eve is always celebrated at my Grandma's with Mexican food and margaritas. My little brother is the youngest kid so present exchange is very odd, basically we do a version of white elephant...everyone brings one present and we play the game so that everyone gets one present. Regardless, it was nice to catch up with everyone and it was the first time in seven Christmas's that the mister joined us instead of going back to St. Louis.


Christmas Day is always a bit calmer, my Dad cooks dinner and we exchange presents then just relax on the couch all day watching Christmas movies. We barely made it through Elf and White Christmas before we were all snoring on the couches. Then me and my sister continued our disgustingly good tradition of eating Jack In a Box Christmas late night...don't ask.


I stuck around Houston for another day to spend more quality time with my mom but all we did was body roll (workout) and work on her website...definitely not picture worthy. And now I am just counting down the minutes until I get the text message that Erica has landed...I feel mildly bad for the men in our lives but whatever I require some serious girl time stat!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday and is looking forward to a relaxing weekend before the New Year!

Linking up with DarciLaurenJennifer and Lauren.


- The Babbling Box!


2 comments

  1. Looks like you had a fab Christmas! Hope you have a grand time with your friend this weekend.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have nominated you for a Liebster Blogging Award. All the information can be found here...
    http://hisandherhobbies.blogspot.com/2013/12/his-and-her-first-liebster-award.html
    We appreciate the candor and honesty in your writing. Your blog is a favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete