January's Currently

I am so happy I found time to link up with Farley today before all the craziness starts. 

We are doing a all day bar crawl for my bestie's last day in town...wish my liver luck!



Listening:
I have had a house full of people (up to seven at one point) so this small window of silence is very welcome. Don't get me wrong though I will probably ugly cry tomorrow once the bestie is gone.

Loving:  
I busted my butt the last two weeks of school to write all of my lesson plans, make my copies and prepare the classroom so I didn't have to even think about school over break and I am SO glad I did! Monday's PD will be slightly less annoying knowing how little I need to do in my classroom.

Thinking:
All about my January Goals, I am itching to get started on them but I know until the bestie leaves I won't have time to really start them with a purpose.

Wanting:
Some of you might think this should fall under the needing category but I really really WANT to clean my house. Did I mention 7 people in one house, I feel like everything is just gross and the vacuum keeps calling my name. Also the darn Christmas tree needs to come down, but who has time for that.

Needing: 
I want to do a light cleanse on my diet for the next three weeks to make up for the ridiculous amount of booze and chili I have consumed, but I get so burnt out eating salmon and kale every night so please send me some of your favorite recipes!

Memory/Tradition:
Spending so much amazing time with family and friends. I might complain about the students sometimes, the education system a lot and how tired I am in September BUT I love that I have a job that allows me two full weeks to spend time with family and friends.


I hope everyone is enjoying there last few days of vacation, and if you are already back...bless your heart!

- The Babbling Box!

4 comments

  1. Glad to have found a new blog! Have fun cleaning! You had a full fun two weeks!
    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Christmas picture collage! I totally know what you mean about the silence. Can you keep a secret? I was listening to silence too, but turned on my pandora station just so I could write what I was listening to! Ha, is that pathetic or what?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know the little OCD in me would be freaking out with 7 people in the house. I'd be trying to organize their suitcases...making sure everyone's stuff stayed in one spot...etc. I know you know what I'm talking about. I did all my planning before I left too, but I logged onto to look at my plans last night and they don't make any sense AT ALL....oh well. I'm not going to stress...yet.
    Have fun on the pub crawl. Take lots of pics!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK... so I'm really a semi-homemade kinda cook, but a favorite in our house is stir fry. I use a HUGE bag of frozen stir fry vegetables If I have time, I cut up some chicken and cook that first, but sometimes I buy the pre-cooked chicken from the freezer section. I also use a HUGE bag of frozen stir fry vegetables from Wal-mart. You just need a little salt, pepper, garlic, and sesame oil. And then I do a little brown rice (in a pinch, I use the microwavable brown rice bags). It's the kind of meal that fills you up without weighing you down, and we love having it as leftovers.

    Hope your liver survives the bar crawl! :)

    ReplyDelete